Sunday 29 July 2012

5 ways to win your heart.

So here's the thing; I'm not really sure how I feel about the name of today's blog challenge post. It makes it sound a little like a recipe to be followed. An ounce of this folded in with one whole that with a dash of the other thing and bing, bang, boom, that's it. So instead I'm going to look at it in terms of 5 things I appreciate...

1. Intelligent conversation. I like being able to hold a conversation with someone beyond the weather, sports, or last nights TV. I like being able to discuss the podcast I listened to and found interesting. Having an opportunity to talk about the book I'm reading and read the really good bits out loud. The flip side of this is that I also get to listen to all the interesting things and read all the really good bits.

2. The appreciation of oddness. This is ever helpful if you want to spend time with me. I'm not one of those people that tries to be weird, it just comes out. Sometimes even I'm surprised. It doesn't really come out that much in my posts. It seems I can get it together in writing. Toben frequently tells me that I am the weirdest person he knows. He also makes it clear this is in no way a bad thing. It works in my favour, so why question it?

3. Clinginess; a lack of. It is very nice be wanted and needed. I do need to be able to leave without a performance every time though. I like that not being an issue. When I get home there is always a nice level of 'Yay, you're back' that doesn't cross over into 'I thought you were never ever coming home so you cannot leave ever again'. I'm very independent, so I do need to be able to come and go a lot of the time. It applies to other things like reading a book. When I'm reading a book that I'm really enjoying I probably won't hear you if you shout my name. You need to not take that personally and understand that I'm in Hogwarts right now, which is a long way away so I can't hear you. Luckily Toben does, which is happy.

4. Silliness. Cracking dumb jokes and awesome puns with geeky references is brilliant. Rolling around laughing uncontrollably is equally brilliant. I like having somebody around that will do this with me. It just makes the day so much better.

5. Achievable expectations and standards. I don't have to try to be anyone but myself. I don't have to look like anyone but me. You would think that is fairly simple as a concept, but in reality so many people miss this. I'm happy being me, and I like being with someone who is happy with me being me. Isn't that the whole point?!

No comments:

Post a Comment