Thursday 26 July 2012

Best concert ever and one you want to attend.

This is a hard one; I've been to some pretty amazing concerts.

Admiral Fallow in Tobermory were awesome to see live in such a tiny wee room. That was pretty good. But not the best.

The Kris Drever, John McCusker, Roddy Woomble, Heidi Talbot and Boo Hewardine gig was great, as I got to see all those talented people play together. Eddi Reader showed up too and was dragged up on to the stage. Then I MET HER and that was AWESOME. But technically I met her after the gig, so that doesn't count. So, not the best.

Newton Faulkner was incredible. He does some mind bending things with his guitar including using it as a drum kit at the same time as playing it normally. So confusing but so wonderful to watch. Also, we were this close.





But the best? Well, you might think this is kind of cheating. Eddi Reader wins. Always. Every time I've seen her it's been the best. I love going to see her do concerts on her own. When it's her gig she can really let her hair down and have fun, dancing around the stage like a lunatic. I've seen her at Phil Cunningham's Christmas Songbook too, and that is always a great night. Phil Cunningham, John McCusker, Kris Drever and Karen Matheson help it along too. The same selection of people (minus Kris Drever) did a one off show called Monumental Scott celebrating Sir Walter Scott. That was a really amazing show. Eddi Reader had us all spellbound when she sang Ave Maria. I would pay to see that over and over every day for the rest of my life.

And that brings us neatly to one I would like to attend. Of course, I will continue to want to attend Eddi Reader concerts in all their various guises. But is there one I would really want to go to other than that?

Why yes, there is. And what luck! They are playing in Iona soon. So come one and all and see Boggy Boots with me! My lovely friends Margaret, Tom and Jane will be serenading us sweetly in the very near future. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment